Nov 30, 2010 - 12:08 PM
In December my family of five will travel from Zurich airport to Chur and then immediately on to Arosa. We will stay at the same resort for six days.
On our return we will take a taxi to Chur (xmas day, and very early trains from Arosa to Chur are limited), then, from Chur, we'll ride the train back to Zurich. It seems the Swiss Card will be my best choice, so I would like to purchase one for me and one for my wife--our children will then travel free (?)
My questions are:
1. How long, approx., will it take my family to make the transfer from the Zurich airport to the Zurich train station?
2. Should I purchase our Swiss Cards over the internet before we arrive, or can I simply do this when we get to the train station?
3. Do I need to make sure I also request the Swiss Family Card in order to have my children ride for free?
4. Should I reserve seats, or is this generally not an issue on the lines I'll be traveling?
5. I have heard about baggage transfer service... How can I go about arranging our bags to be taken from the airport in Zurich to Arosa so we don't have to deal with them ourselves on the train? Must I arrange this ahead of time, or can I arrange this once I arrive at the airport in Zurich?