About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Swiss cocktail for Swiss National Day on Aug 1
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Swiss cocktail for Swiss National Day on Aug 1

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
mestettler
mestettler
12 posts
Aug 1, 2020 - 12:30 AM

Is there a Swiss cocktail for 1 August, Swiss Independence Day? (I can't get Swiss wine in America.). I have a menu of bruschetta, Raclette with sautéed veggies, and Cervelas. (Unfortunately my Nüssli Salat didn't grow as I had hoped.). It's too hot for fondue.

Drink suggestions and menu additions welcomed. Thank you, Myriam

Anna
Anna
931 posts
top member &
Aug 1, 2020 - 7:00 AM in reply to mestettler

Hi Myriam,

My Swiss neighbours love their Proseccos! Here's a recipe you might want to try:

3 parts Prosecco
2 parts Apérol
1 part soda/ sparkling water
ice cubes
Place ice cubes in the glass. Add the Aperol, soda and top with a slice of orange

Not sure what this is called though.

If you are interested in culinary trips, here's the link to check out: www.myswissalps.com/activities/culinary

Have a great day!

Anna

Last modified on Aug 1, 2020 - 7:02 AM by Anna
Janice3401
Janice3401
6 posts
Aug 1, 2020 - 2:06 PM in reply to mestettler

Hi Myriam—

You can buy Swiss wine in the United States (although it is too late for your August 1 celebration) but I agree that it is not easy to find. I just bought two bottles of Fendant (Renaissance Fendant AOC Valais 2018) from a wine store in my metropolitan area-Chain Bridge Wine Cellars in McLean, Virginia. I‘ve previously bought Humagne Rouge from this store and they also carry a Pinot Noir from Vaud and another Valais white. They do ship out of state but because of the patchwork of inter-state wine shipping prohibitions in the U.S., they may not ship to your state. Cheers!

Janice

mestettler
mestettler
12 posts
Aug 2, 2020 - 6:22 PM

Anna, That's what I ended up making, but I used 7-Up instead of soda/sparkling water to make it a little sweeter. I think it's called an Aperol Spritzer. Thank you for the culinary link, I am having a great time looking at it!

Janice, Thank you for the information on buying Swiss wine in the USA. I especially like the idea of (possibly) being able to get Pinot Noir.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020