Is it worth it buying the Swiss Coupon Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 8:56:59 #811900

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the correct category in the forum to ask about the Swiss Coupon Pass but since it is available on swiss-pass.ch, I’m asking it here. I would like to know more about the Swiss Coupon Pass and whether I should buy it or not. I’m already buying a Swiss Travel Card (Family). There is a 230 page information on swiss-pass.ch but I’m unable to download it. I checked the Swiss Coupon Pass on swissalps.com too but I’d like more information. Is it worth buying?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 May 2017 at 15:08:40 #863605

Hi Vartika31,

I don’t know the websites you mentioned but our page about the Swiss Coupon Pass can be found here: myswissalps.com/ swisscouponpass. You’ll also find links to websites to buy from there, including https://www.swissrailways.com. Click for a larger view of the booklet. It can’t be downloaded I think but you can read it online. If there are enough offers in there for you to at least break even, then buy it. Otherwise do not. Most offers are different from the benefits of the Swiss Travel Pass, if that’s the pass you intend to buy: https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/swiss-travel-pass/.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 18:04:14 #863606

Thank you so much for your reply, Arno. The larger view of the booklet is definitely helpful.

As I understand it, if I do buy the Coupon Pass, I will still have to pay for whatever I choose to buy, right? For example, if I use a “2 for 1” coupon, I’ll have to pay for one person but I will get the service/attraction for two and so forth. Am I correct?

Will I get the booklet exactly as it is shown? As in, for some attractions, more than one coupon is there while for others, there is one only.

Once again, thank you for your help. 🙂

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 May 2017 at 18:12:09 #863607

You’re welcome! Yes, with the 2 for 1 offers you have to pay for 1 person and the other gets it for free. You should get the exact booklet as shown as that’s the 2017 edition.

Note that the same website also offers the Swiss Travel Pass, either as a print at home ticket (pick “Online Ticket” as the shipping option) or as a physical pass: http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/swisspass. As you live India the cheapest way probably is to get the print at home pass (no shipping costs), and have a separate order to have the Swiss Coupon Pass delivered to your hotel in Switzerland (low shipping costs).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 18:45:38 #863608

Okay, thank you very much! I went through the T&C of the coupon was and they mention only one coupon is allowed per group/table. So for a family of 4, it would effectively mean 4 for the price of 3, right? (Because the other two cannot use a coupon)

Also, as I understand, a digital version of the coupon pass is also available?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2017 at 8:55:27 #863609

Yes, you are correct on your thinking – 1 coupon per group of 4.

The Swiss Coupon Pass is not available as a digital version. Our links to order (provided by Arno above) allow you to ship it to your home address or have it shipped to your Swiss hotel ready upon your arrival.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Is it worth it buying the Swiss Coupon Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10600 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.