Swiss cultural dinner in Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2016 at 16:43:43 #809344

Is there any place near Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald where a person could watch some sort of dinner show with Swiss yodelers or alpine horns or anything like that? You know, some kind of cheesy tourist thing, only not too cheesy? We will be in the area too early to see the Wilhelm Tell play in Interlaken but I would like to give my kids some exposure to something along those lines.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

SummitClym
    Participant
    41 posts
    3 June 2016 at 23:25:07 #852604

Not knowing when you plan to be there but Ballenberg Outdoor Museum has some traditional festivities at various times and cheese making, cooking, pottery type activities daily or at least regularly. It’s close to Interlaken between Interlaken and Meiringen and a great place to visit for cultural activities! http://www.ballenberg.ch

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 June 2016 at 23:59:18 #852605

Google Jodlerfests.

Might help. Some will be in German.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2016 at 0:38:44 #852606

Hello there

When will you be in the area? If you are in Interlaken on July 24th there is the annual Trachtenfest on Maennlichen – they have yodellers, alphorn players, dancing, flag twirling, whip cracking, cowbell ringing – brilliant show which starts at about 11 a.m. and goes on for hours!! Take trains to Wengen and gondola up to Maennlichen. Eat lunch put on the terrace while you enjoy the entertainment. You can return via Wengen or take cable car down to Grindelwald Grund.

If you are not there at that time, then I agree Ballenberg is well worth a visit. Go to the Museum’s website to check whats’ on when.

Maggie

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 June 2016 at 0:48:38 #852607

<<“a person could watch some sort of dinner show with Swiss yodelers or alpine horns or anything like that? “>>

When?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2016 at 9:20:29 #852608

It might be worth contacting Tourist Information in Interlaken to see if they are aware of anything.

http://www.interlaken.ch/en/e nterprise-offices-tourist-information.html

Otherwise, see if you can find anything suitable by searching Switzerland events here:

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-au/service-updates/events.html

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2016 at 5:36:18 #852609

Thank you. I will be in the area June 9-16.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 June 2016 at 6:17:17 #852610

<<“Thank you. I will be in the area June 9-16.”>>

Just at the beginning of the “Summer” season. High trails can still have a lot of snow on them, and may be closed.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Swiss cultural dinner in Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.