Do I only need the Swiss Family Card for a child?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
natalia
natalia
4 posts
Jun 27, 2017 - 3:58 PM

Hello. I am going to Switzerland on July 12nd with my husband and my son of 6 years old, and I would like to know if with the Swiss Family Card only have to buy my husband and me the Swiss Travel Pass. With the Swiss Family Card and the Swiss Travel Pass for the two adults my son travel free? He doesn't need to buy nothing? Thanks

Arno
Arno
11571 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2017 - 5:39 PM

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps! Yes, your son only needs the free Swiss Family Card and nothing else. You and your husband each need a Swiss Travel Pass. If you go to www.swissrailways.com/ en, you can click to the Swiss Travel Pass and fill out the number of passengers. Click the "Family Card" box for your son. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the passes and the card within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print them at home.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:50 AM by Arno
natalia
natalia
4 posts
Jun 27, 2017 - 9:09 PM

Thanks Arno. I have another question. With the Swiss Family Card my son would have right to a seat or not? Thanks.

Arno
Arno
11571 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2017 - 9:32 PM in reply to natalia

Sure, no problem. There are no allocated seats in Swiss trains, you can sit wherever you like.

natalia
natalia
4 posts
Jun 27, 2017 - 9:50 PM in reply to Arno

Yes but exactly my question is: when kids travel "free" with a Swiss Family Card have right to a seat only for them or have to be sitting on their parent's legs? Thanks.

Arno
Arno
11571 posts
expert &
Jun 28, 2017 - 5:21 AM in reply to natalia

Hi Natalia,

The kids can sit where they want to.

Enjoy your trips!

natalia
natalia
4 posts
Jun 28, 2017 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Arno for your help.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018