Swiss Family Card and July itinerary review

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 19:13:07 #811096

Hi,

I am planning to visit Switzerland from 9th to 14th July 2017 from Dubai, U.A.E. with my family (Me, my wife, child 17 years and child 14 Years). In this regard, I would like to know the following and your kind advise is requested for the same.

1- What is the most convenient and hassle free way to buy this pass (online or at zurich airport ?

2- Do I need to buy youth pass as well for my 17 years old child ?

3- Do I need to make advance seat reservation for Jungfraujoch / mount titlis / Glacier express ?

4- Below is my draft itinerary, would request help if it is ok or needs to be revised

Day 1 – Arrived in Zurich, Heads straight to Luzern, Explore Luzern

Day 2 – Mount Titlis in morning, if time permits go to Zurich to see Rhine Fall

Day 3 – Check out from Luzern to Interlaken and explore Grindelwald

Day 4 – Plan to visit Zermatt and Matterhorn and come back to interlaken

Day 5 – Visit Jungfraujoch in morning and harder klum after that

Day 6 – Leave early morning for Basel to catch train to Paris

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 March 2017 at 19:41:24 #860152

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps Rameen!

1. Buying online is more convenient. You can print the pass and immediately board the train at the airport, rather than queuing for a ticket office. All options are listed on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

2. Yes, that’s correct. And the 14 year old can travel for free with the free Swiss Family Card. You can request that card when you order your passes.

3. The short answer for those trips is optional / no / yes. Please see our pages for details:

4. Day 2: Note that the Rhine Fall is not in Zurich but an hour north of the town. Personally I would spend that day closer to Lucerne as there is plenty to do there.

Otherwise your plans look fine to me, but I do want to recommend to not have a fixed itinerary but check the weather forecast each day and only then decide what to do the next day.

Tips regarding tickets to Paris can be found here: myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france.

• The thread ‘Swiss Family Card and July itinerary review’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.