How to book the Swiss Family Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2017 at 12:52:34 #811417

Dear Friends,

My Family : my self + my wife + 2 children (less than 13 years) + my mother = total 5 members and

My sister + 1 young child(18 years) + 1 children (13 year) = total 3 member

Grand total 8 members will reach switzerland from Paris on 15/06/17 and will go back to Paris on 18/06/17

I have following questions :

1. Can I Online book Family travel Pass for my family and for my sister and her children together for 8 members, so that delivery cost of 1 pass can be saved. Is there is any options to take online print instead of delivering to Paris.

2 How many children are allowed free with parent under Family travel pass.

3. For us Zuric is must and also would like to see mountains, could you please suggest my itinerary.

4. Please provide link to book trains in swiss and from Paris to swiss and return

5. Do you have any suggestion for Hotel for 8 persons for 3 nights

Thanks for your help

Regards

Manish Mehta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 April 2017 at 18:35:58 #861614

Hi Manish,

1. You can book the Swiss Travel Pass online for the adults, and request for the Swiss Family Card for the children. You can print the pass at home. There is no delivery fee. Please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the passes within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees). More purchase options are listed here.

2. I don’t think there’s a limit. The only requirement is that at least one parent travels along with all children.

3. Please see myswissalps.com/zurich for what to do in and around zurich, and myswissalps.com/activi ties/naturalsites for trips to mountains. We don’t make itineraries but all information on our website should help you making your own.

4. You don’t need to book trains in Switzerland if you have the Swiss Travel Pass. For tickets from the border (Basel or Geneva) to Paris, please see myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france/price. The name of the country is Switzerland by the way, as a bit of background info 😉

5. Yes, we do have suggestions. Please see the Zurich page I linked to, and also our hotel page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 15:08:57 #861615

Thanks for your answer, I have booked as follows : Base stay changed to Lucerne from 19/06 to 22/06 (Booking done for train and Hotel)

I am planning my itinerary as follows :

on 19/06 :Train from Paris-Basel- Lucerne (with swiss travel pass), citywalk, lake visit, rail museum (we will reach Lucerne by 2PM)

On 20/06 : Mt. Titlis, Mt Pilatus and Golden Pass Train

On 21/06 : Zurich

On 22/06 : Please suggest where we should go on 22/06, (we have a train back from Basel to Paris at 6 PM).

Please suggest can I book a Swiss travel Family Pass together for 8 members i,e for my Family 5 persons (my self+mywife +2 children age 9 & 11) and for my sister family 03 persons (my sister+01 child 17 years + 01 child 11 years). if we book together still we both family get the benefit of Child travel free with one of the parent.

Please recommend site where I can book swiss travel pass for 4 days.

Thanks for all help I got from this forum. This forum is really helpful.

Regards

Manish

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 April 2017 at 19:10:01 #861616

Hi Manish,

Glad to hear you’re making progress with you bookings! In my previous post, I already gave you the site where you can book the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card. Does that not work for you? You can book for all 8 travelers at once. Just go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and follow the steps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 7:27:37 #861617

Thanks alot Arno. Sorry to bother you again.

Please advice how to go Jungfraujoch from Lucern. Will my Swiss travel is valid for this trip as well and I need not to purchase additional tickets

In map I saw name of trains starting from IR…,IC could not understand the meaning of it and how do I identify the train which allows me travel freely with my Swiss travel family card

last day on22/06 I am planning to come from Zurich to Basel in the evening because we have a train from Basel to Paris at 6pm how we can come from Zurich to Basel.

Thanks to all your help

regards

Manish

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 9:28:02 #861618

Hi Manish,

You can find out what routes are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here. You can travel free to Jungfraujoch, for example, as far as Grindelwald or Wengen and then you must buy a ticket for the rest of the route (you can purchase this ticket the day before if you like). The ticket for that section is 25% with the Swiss Travel Pass.

It doesn’t matter what train you board – it is the route that you travel that is or is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass
    (FYI IC = InterCity and IR = InterRegional, IR (and RE) usually have less stops on the route and often are quicker).

**You can’t just have the Swiss Family Card (it is for children with you only) you must also have bought the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can find all train schedules here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to book the Swiss Family Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.