swiss flex pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2015 at 17:03:28 #807335

If I purchase a flex pass the day I arrive in Zurich, but do not use it until the following day, do I need to wait to have it validated on the first day that I begin using it, or can I validate it on the day I buy it. Does the day I validate it have to count as one of my travel days. I am trying to save time on my first day of travel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    1 June 2015 at 17:20:59 #843601

Hi pico,

If you buy the pass in Zurich you can simply ask for a pass that starts the next day. However, it makes sense to buy your pass online, please see here. In your case http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-pass is a cheap option. That would save time too, since you already posses the pass. All you have to do is get it validated before your first trip. You can do so on the day itself, or the day before if you explain to the officer that you only start traveling the next day.

• The thread ‘swiss flex pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.