Swiss Travel Pass Flex not via e-mail?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 16:20:58 #822136

We’re traveling from Milan to Lucerne via Bernier Express tomorrow. We bought a 4 day flex swiss pass through happyrail.com. After completing the purchase they sent me an email saying that the tickets will be mailed to our home address. I did select the option of email e-tickets. We’re from Canada and we’re already in Europe for last 2 weeks. I couldn’t contact them and tomorrow is apparently a public holiday in Netherlands so happyrail’s office will be closed. We have all our accommodations booked for our stay in Switzerland. Now how do we get the tickets for our travel tomorrow?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 June 2019 at 16:28:21 #914619

Hi Tanzila Ruba,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Swiss Travel Pass Flex is a paper pass, please see https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-travel-pass-flex and http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/pric e. It can’t be e-mailed, regardless of where you buy it. This will change in the near future, but for now that’s the way it is unfortunately. The regular Swiss Travel Pass can be e-mailed: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Today and tomorrow is a public holiday in many parts of Europe, so indeed you can best contact them Tuesday morning either through live chat or phone: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/happyra il. Your tickets for tomorrow can be purchased at the Milan train station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 16:31:31 #914620

We already purchased the tickets for swiss flex pass, so what do we do now?

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 June 2019 at 16:56:57 #914621

Hi again,

You don’t need tickets for the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, so I am not entire sure what you mean. If you mean a seat reservation for the Bernina Express, then that is still valid. You just need a ticket from Milan to Lucerne via Tirano and Chur, in addition to that seat reservation. It’s important to explain at the station that you will travel via that route. Otherwise they will sell you a Milan to Lucerne ticket for the quickest route, which is very different.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 17:01:52 #914622

Sorry Iam confused, I thought flex pass IS the ticket. I already have tickets for Milan to Tirano and I also have the reservation for the Bernina express. Do I have to pay again to buy tickets for Chur to Lucerne now? Then what is the purpose of the swiss flex pass?

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 June 2019 at 10:19:52 #914623

Hi Tanzila Ruba,

Now I’m confused too 🙂 Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is a replacement for tickets. But you do not have the pass yet, so then you do need tickets. Unless I didn’t understand your issue?

The Milan to Tirano tickets and the reservation remain valid.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 June 2019 at 10:46:47 #914624

They are travelling tomorrow and they don’t yet have the STPF. What to do when they get to Tirano to join the BEX is the question.

Options:

• Buy tickets
    • Buy an STPF at Tirano station and claim a refund from Happyrail.
    • ?
    Arno
    15484 posts
    10 June 2019 at 10:53:53 #914625

Hi Rockoyster,

Indeed, that’s what I meant in my first reply: buy tickets in Milan, but it can be done in Tirano too if time allows. Indeed buying the pass in Tirano (or perhaps Milan) is another option. I am not sure which option works out best financially, as cancelling a pass may costs a 15% cancellation fee.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex not via e-mail?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.