Swiss Flexi Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2010 at 2:09:40 #804007

Hi! My mom and i will be travelling to Switzerland for 4 days this mid October. It’s our first time and were planning to visit Zurich, Luzern and Interlaken. I have a couple of questions as to the use of the Swiss Flexi Pass:

1. We plan to get the pass as soon as we get to Switzerland. Where can we get one and approximately how much? Is this available in hotels?
    2. Do we need to make seat reservations for Zurich – Luzern vv? Zurich – Interlaken vv? If so, where and how much?
    3. I got hold of the train timetable to Interlaken and saw that there will be a train change from Berne to Interlaken which is just 10 minutes! Will there be enough time to change trains? …it’s our first time. i’m a bit wary we might miss the connection. where can we get relevant info like platform no., etc?
    4. the swiss flexi pass is unlimited right? and it’s valid even for buses, trams, etc? do we need to validate everytime we get onboard?
    5. additional question: where’s the best place to exchange Swiss Francs? does the airport give a good deal?

Thanks!

Christine

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    22 September 2010 at 5:09:44 #831836

Hello Christine,

You can find more information about the Swiss Flexi Pass here. I think the information will cover your questions 1 and 4 as well. You can order the Pass online, but you can also purchase one in Switzerland. I don’t think they are available in hotels.
    Seat reservations for Zürich-Luzern or Zürich-Interlaken will not be necessary.
    Ten minutes will be enough to change trains, the train connections in Switzerland are really very well organized. As soon as you arrive at a (larger) station, you will hear announcements about which platform to which train! And you can always ask the train personnel, for instance when they come to check your ticket (which they always do ;-)).
    Swiss Francs can be bought a any Banking office, and the airport will certainly have possibilities too.

I hope this helps, and if not: please get back to this forum!

I wish you a very pleasant trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2010 at 6:44:12 #831837

Thanks so much for the help, Olga.

A few more questions though:

1. We’ll be staying in Zurich. Can you give me an idea how much the tram/train is from airport to the city oneway? On our 4th day we’ll be going home so i’m checking which will come out cheaper for us — a 3day or 4day pass.
    2. We plan to go up Mt. Pilatus from Lucerne. Would you know if the ferry ride to Alpnachstad and electric cog railway going there is covered by this pass?

Thanks!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    22 September 2010 at 7:52:31 #831838

Hello Christine,

The price of a ticket from Zürich Airport to the Main Station (Hauptbahnhof) in Zürich will cost you Ch.Frs. 6.20, per person and one way.
    The ferry ride and train to Alpnachstad are covered by the Swiss Flexi Pass, and you will get a 50% discount on the cog railway to Mt. Pilatus.

By the way, for prices and times of departure and arrival you can always check the timetable of the SBB. The time table on this page about Mt. Pilatus may be of help to you as well.

I hope this answers your questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2010 at 1:08:21 #831839

Thanks so much, Olga! You’ve been very helpful! 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Flexi Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.