Jun 16, 2011 - 12:37 PM
- The Swiss Flexi Pass page
has a link to a detailed network map. It shows what's included for free or discounted. The Golden Pass is free. Trains from Interlaken to Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren are free, the rest is 25% discounted.
- In Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald, I would do some hiking
if the weather allows, or another day trip from this list
- Lake Lucerne and Thun are both beautiful. I would pick the one that fits best into my itinerary, or pick one depending on the weather: you don't need absolutely clear weather for a boat trip. For a viewing point high up in the mountains however, you do need such a beautiful day.
- If you buy a ticket for that route, you can use the transportation system offered for each leg: gondola from Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen, cog train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch, etc.
- Credit cards are accepted in many places.
- Yes, there are supermarkets close to the rail stations of both Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald.
You're going to have a great trip!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno