I am going to travel in Swiss in June – July
    My plan is:
    25/06: Arrive Zurich
    Walking around Zurich – Lucern
    26/06: arrive Zurich – Nice for business trip
    03/07: from Nice to Zurich
    Travel in Swisszerland from 03 -08/07

My questions are:

1. Could I buy Swiss Flexi pass for 5 day in Swiss and start to use from 25/06 – 08/07 ?
    In my case, which is the best solution?
    2. Could you please advise my itinerary from 03 -08/07 ?
    I’d like to travel beautiful landscape in Swiss

Many thanks for your advices !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 June 2011 at 4:18:14 #833173

Hello hoathien, welcome here!

1. Yes, a Swiss Flexi Pass can be used for the period you’re traveling. It could be the best pass if you’re traveling some longer distances (free travel days) with shorter trips in between. Please check here to see where you can best buy.
    2. There are really many things you can do if you like to travel and see beautiful scenery. The Glacier Express (Zermatt to St. Moritz) could be an option, as well as the Golden Pass, which departs from Lucerne. Trips like this definitely require a Swiss (Flexi) Pass. I suggest you browse this website for ideas. For example, some trains routes are listed here. The timetable and this map will come in handy too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2011 at 8:45:09 #833174

Dear Mordano,

Thank you very much for your kind advices !

I’d like to ask you one question:

I am planning my agenda as follows:

25 – 26/06: Sepnd time in Lucern (old town, wooden bridge, M. Titlis…)
    27/06 -02/07: trip in Nice, France
    03/07: back again Swiss, stay in Lauterbrunnen hotel and walking in Lauterbrunnen
    04/07: stay in Grinderwald hotel, walking and discover Grinderwald and some nature scene
    05/07: stay in Grinderwald hotel, walking and discover Grinderwald and some nature scene
    06/07: from Intertaken – Bern – Geneve, stay one night in Geneve
    07/07: Geneva – Montreaux – Zermatt
    I’d like to visit Chillon castle, near Montreaux. From Geneva, take train to Montreaux. How can I arrive to Chillon castle from Montreaux ? Please advise !
    I see some tour that they also go to Valais. Is it convenient for me from Montreaux to Valais ?
    When I arrive to Zermatt, stay on Zermatt hotel one night
    08/07: Glaceir express from Zermatt to St. Moritz
    I am consider between stay one night in St. Moritz or come back from St.Moritz to Zurich on the same day ? Please advise
    09/07: 13h30 back to Vietnam from Zurich

As your advices, I will buy Swiss Flexi Pass from 25th June. Please advise if my agenda is fine or need to modify somewhere. Where are nice places that I miss during my agenda ?

If I buy Swiss Fexi Pass 5days and start from 25th June, could I choose 5 days from 5th til 9th July, the other day will be discount half of price ? I am still a bit confused on using Swiss Fexi Pass, even I read the website. Many thanks for your advices !

Thank you and best regards
    Hoathien

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 June 2011 at 9:10:28 #833175

Hi Hoathien,

You’re welcome! You’ve created a good itinerary. One suggestion though: I would travel from Interlaken to Geneva via Zweisimmen rather than Bern. That’s part of the Golden Pass route. If you don’t cover that route on the other days, it would be nice to do it on 06/07.

Chillon castle is a 10 minute bus ride or 3 minute train ride from Montreux. Enter the destination “Veytaux, châteua de Chillon” (bus stop) or “Veytaux-Chillon” (train station) in the timetable to plan your trip. The map I linked to shows you where it is located.

Please note that a Swiss Flexi Pass is only valid between the first and last free travel day. So you have to start with a free travel day in order to get discounts.

You will see a lot of Switzerland! Enjoy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2011 at 10:32:20 #833176

Thank you very much for your useful Dear Mordano !

I’d like to have one more question.
    I am going to purchase Swiss Flexi Pass. I checked website http://www.swisstravelsystem. ch and check price for Swiss Flexi Pass (6 days). I choose “Other Countries outside Europe” and see the price is EUR 283 for 6 days. Then I click “online booking” and choose “Other countries/Oversea” but I cannot make the online booking.

In myswissalps.com, the price is more than EUR 300 .

Please advise how could I purchase the online ticket on both website

Thank you very much !

Best regards

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 June 2011 at 11:27:46 #833177

Hi Hoathien,

The prices in Euro you found at swisstravelsystem.ch are non-binding, guide prices (it’s explained in the footer text). You can’t directly purchase on that website by the way; they will redirect you based on where you live. I assume they took the official local prices in Swiss francs and used a (non recent) exchange rate to show prices in Euros. This is just to provide a rough insight in the prices.

The prices at our website are updated daily with the most recent exchange rates. As for Vietnam, we currently only show the local price as I’m not aware of resellers who ship these passes to Vietnam. So what you see there, is the correct local price in Swiss francs, converted to Euros or any other currency you pick from the list.

Does this clarify things?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2011 at 11:44:21 #833178

Dear Arno,

Now it is clear to me

Could I buy Swiss Flexi Pass online through your website ? I see the price but I dont see how to buy it online
    Please help me how to buy it or I can buy it when I arrive to Swiss

Thank you veery much

Hoathien

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 June 2011 at 12:38:38 #833179

Hi Hoathien,

If you want the pass to be delivered to Vietnam, then you can’t purchase through our website. We currently don’t work with resellers who deliver to Vietnam, so therefor you don’t see the option to buy online. You can buy it in Switzerland for the displayed price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2011 at 11:01:07 #833180

Thanks so much Armo !

Could you please help me on some follwoing questions. This is the first time I travel in Swisszerland and I go alone so please give a help

– If I buy Swiss flexi Pass, is Golden train 50% discount or free ? I already booked reservation seat for Golden train from Intertaken to Montreux
    – Some small train from Wengen to Kl. Scheidegg, Lauterbrunnen to Grinderwald, Grinderwald to Mannlichen…in Berner Oberland is free for Swiss Flexi Pass or 50% discount ?
    – I have 2.5 days in Lauterbrunnen (1 night) and )Grinderwald (2 nights), please advise where best places should I visit
    – Boat in lake Lucerne and in lake Thun , which is better ?
    – If I buy route: “Grindewald Grund – Mannchilen-Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfrau- KL Scheidegg – Grinderland Grund: CHF 164. Does it mean I can use all train, bus and gongoda, funicular ?
    – Could I use Credit card to pay all train ticket or only Swiss Flexi Pass ?
    – Is there any supermarket in Grinderwald or Lauterbrunnen ?

Many thanks for your kind support !

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 June 2011 at 12:37:57 #833181

Hi Hoathien,

– The Swiss Flexi Pass page has a link to a detailed network map. It shows what’s included for free or discounted. The Golden Pass is free. Trains from Interlaken to Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren are free, the rest is 25% discounted.
    – In Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald, I would do some hiking if the weather allows, or another day trip from this list.
    – Lake Lucerne and Thun are both beautiful. I would pick the one that fits best into my itinerary, or pick one depending on the weather: you don’t need absolutely clear weather for a boat trip. For a viewing point high up in the mountains however, you do need such a beautiful day.
    – If you buy a ticket for that route, you can use the transportation system offered for each leg: gondola from Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen, cog train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch, etc.
    – Credit cards are accepted in many places.
    – Yes, there are supermarkets close to the rail stations of both Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald.

You’re going to have a great trip!

• The thread ‘Swiss Flexi Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.