Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2013 at 4:29:14 #806187

hi,

my fd and i will visit Zurich in November. the flight arriving to Zurich is very late at 10pm. I wanna buy Swiss Half Fare Card upon arrival in Zurich train station. May I know how late the airport train office operate? or can i order the card online before traveling?

thx

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 October 2013 at 7:01:03 #839282

Hi Frank,

You can get the Swiss Half Fare Card from the webshop of the Swiss Railways. See here for all details. According to SBB the sales office will close at 10:30 PM.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2013 at 3:24:49 #839283

I am travelling with a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children aged 5, 11 and 12) and wish to purchase Swiss Half Fare card for the whole family. As stated in your website, it says children travel along is free. Does that means that If I were to purchase Swiss Half Fare card, my children will travel by train and boat for free? How about purchasing tickets to the mountains – will there be a 50% discount if I have a valid Swiss Half Fare card?

Does the pass also consider as Swiss Family card?

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 October 2013 at 11:41:08 #839284

Hello ijas22,

If you request for a free Swiss Family Card while purchasing your Swiss Half Fare Cards for the adults, your children will travel along for free in trains, boats, buses and mountain transport. The adults get a 50% discount on all transportation marked on the map, which can be downloaded from here.

Have a great time!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.