Swiss Half Fare Card plus a Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sasaravanan
sasaravanan
7 posts
Aug 5, 2015 - 7:14 AM

Dear Team,

We are family of 3 people (2 adults and 1 child aged 12) planning to travel Switzerland in October 2015. I need your help in the following, (1) If we buy a Swiss Travel Pass, will it be still necessary or helpful to buy a Swiss Half Fare card (2) If I choose to buy a Swiss Half Fare card, should I buy the card for each one of us or is it enough that I buy one card. Will be obliged for your help.

Thanking you, Saravana

Arno
Arno
12307 posts
expert &
Aug 5, 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hello Saravana, thank you for posting your question here!

1. No, just the Swiss Travel Pass is sufficient.
  2. You need a Swiss Half Fare Card for each adult. The child travels along for free everywhere, because you can get a free Swiss Family Card when you order the Swiss Half Fare Card. The same applies to the Swiss Travel Pass: you only need to buy the pass for the adults.

From India, you can buy a Swiss Travel Pass via www.raileurope.co.in/ pass/swiss-pass, or find all retailers here. The Swiss Half Fare Card is available through www.raileurope.co.in/ pass/swiss-half-fare-card, and all the retailers are listed here. If you order before August 26 you may qualify for an extra discount: www.raileurope.co.in/ deals/great-deals-to-tour-Europe.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 4:08 PM by Arno
sasaravanan
sasaravanan
7 posts
Aug 5, 2015 - 11:39 AM in reply to sasaravanan

Thanks Arno for the clarification and support

With regards, Saravana

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019