Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) from RailEurope

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2015 at 3:01:18 #807119

HI

I would like to know how do i go about buying train tickets using this Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) on both SBB website as well as RailEurope website.

Or actually the only way to use this Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) is to buy the tickets at the train station presenting the Swiss Half Fare Card?

I bought this Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) from Rail Europe Singapore.

And i am quite confused in the method of buying the train tickets as there are no clear instructions on how to use the Swiss Half Fare Card (1month).

I tried using SBB website. There is a box with the option “Half fare travel card 1/2/3 years but the half fare card i have is 1month.

Qns – Can i actually choose this option and buy the train ticket at half price?

As for Rail Europe website under train tickets, there is no option of Swiss Half Fare Card (1month), only Swiss Pass + Half Fare

I will be travelling from Milan to Wengen on 15th May 2015

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    24 April 2015 at 5:33:56 #842653

Hi your18,

You can find the instructions on the Swiss Half Fare Card page. The simplest way is to just go to the station, buy a discounted ticket from the counter or the machine, and board the train. You don’t need to do that in advance. The only exception is trains that require seat reservations. In Switzerland, that’s only a hand full of tourist trains such as the Glacier Express. Trains to neighboring countries usually require them too. So in your case, all you need to arrange for in advance is a ticket with seat reservation for the leg Domodossola (Swiss border) to Milan. You can find them here. You can choose the 1/2/3 year option on the SBB site if you wish, but not for tickets to Germany and Austria.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card (1month) from RailEurope’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.