Swiss Half Fare Card 1st class query

• Cadeby
    Participant
    15 posts
    20 May 2018 at 14:50:51 #816114

I am just about to purchase two Swiss Half Fare Cards online through HappyRail. The price is listed as 119CHF for both 1st class and 2nd class, ie. there is no price difference. My question is thus ; if I opt for the 1st class option, does this mean I will be obliged to purchase 1st class tickets for every train I ride on in Switzerland, or can I select 2nd class tickets if I so choose?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 May 2018 at 19:09:43 #885886

Hi Cadeby! You won’t find any price differences indeed, as there’s no specific 2nd or 1st class Swiss Half Fare Card. It’s just one card that allows you to purchase discounted tickets for either 2nd or 1st class. You can decide to opt for 1st or 2nd class for each journey you make.

I hope it’s all clear now. You can read more about the use of the Swiss Half Fare Card at myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard/howtouse. Purchase through HappyRail can be done at https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-half-fare-card.

Cadeby
    Participant
    15 posts
    21 May 2018 at 10:06:40 #885887

Thanks for your help Annika. I’ll order them now.

Helen.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card 1st class query’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.