Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2016 at 16:51:39 #809288

I am planning to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card for my travel starting day after tomorrow. The system is not allowing me to buy the card online. Its only displaying the date 4th day from now. Is it normal. Can i buy the card from Swiss Railway Stations having validity starting from the same day. Early response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 May 2016 at 17:01:00 #852381

Hi nitspari, welcome to MySwissAlps,

All purchase options are listed here, but none of those sites allows purchase on such short notice yet. They need a few days to process and e-mail orders. You can best go to a staffed train station in Switzerland and get it there. It will be valid from that same day.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2016 at 18:03:09 #852382

Thanks Arno,

and thanks a lot for quick response..there was no way i could have found a phone no. to speak to someone in office to get this answered !! a query form filled by me sent an automated response that they will respond in 48 hours!!! would you please help me with some of the manned train stations near Grindelwald and timings to buy the Half Fare Tickets. Thanks

bouboucadeau
    Participant
    20 posts
    24 May 2016 at 18:14:36 #852383

you can buy one at Zurich airport or at Zurich HB train station where i bought one with no problems

you can also buy one at the Interlaken station right before you head to Grindelwald

120 CHF price

enjoy

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.