Swiss Half Fare Card for Golden Pass route

Swiss Half Fare Card for Golden Pass route

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
alitravel
alitravel
23 posts
Jun 22, 2016 - 1:55 PM in reply to alitravel

just got this reply from the jungfrau info :

With Swiss Travel Pass you travel free from Interlaken Ost as far as Wengen and Grindelwald. For the journey further up you get a discount of 25%. The reduced additional ticket for Swiss Pass holders costs CHF 133.- per person (two way ticket).

So I still need to shell out 133 CHF !! that will make it 363 for pass + 133 i.e 496 !!

Arno
Arno
10349 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2016 - 2:07 PM in reply to alitravel

Hi alitravel,

Yes, that's correct. Please see my previous post: I linked to a page with all the details, and there's a map with all the details to download as well. Only Jungfraujoch offers a different discount and it results in a discounted ticket of CHF 133, or CHF 102.20 with a Swiss Half Fare Card. It's the most expensive mountain excursion in Switzerland.

alitravel
alitravel
23 posts
Jun 22, 2016 - 2:26 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you :)

alitravel
alitravel
23 posts
Jun 23, 2016 - 12:59 PM

Hi Arno,

Do you have any suggestions on boat trip from Lucerne.

I see the timetable here : www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloa ds_PDF/01_Fahrplan-Preise/02_Preise/2016/ 2016_Fares_and_conditi ons.pdf

But I want to know among the places mentioned , which place I should go for where the journey is most scenic. Is it weggis?

Arno
Arno
10349 posts
expert &
Jun 24, 2016 - 7:22 AM

Hi alitravel,

The whole lake is scenic, but I like the full ride from Lucerne to Flüelen best. It's long and varying. You can return by train, or again by boat.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018