Purchasing Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 21:32:46 #812036

Can you buy a Swiss Half Fare Card at the Tasch train station?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 7:16:46 #864181

Hi Debdana and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, any staffed office in Switzerland can sell you a Swiss Half Fare Card.

It is often easier to buy this rail pass online. You can have it emailed to you for printing at home – then no hassle at the station. If you would like to buy it online you can do so here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 23:37:20 #864182

I have considered ordering them online and printing them. However, they state the email will be sent 7 days prior to the date we want the pass to start. We will be starting our trip to Europe quite a bit before the time we will arrive in Switzerland. I wasn’t sure if it would arrive in time. Also, they are quite specific about how it is printed. Has anyone had any problems with this issue?

Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2017 at 8:45:04 #864183

You can put in your comments when ordering the pass that you need it sent right away (within 3 days is typical). Also you could print the pass out at any hotel or business in Europe prior to entering Switzerland.

I haven’t heard of any issues with the pass being printed on incorrect paper – I’ m not sure if another member has…You can also print it as many times as you want if you think (or there is) a problem.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 20:03:27 #864184

Lucas, thank you so much for your help. I ordered two Swiss Half Fare cards today and requested they send them to us by email as soon as possible. They arrived within minutes of my order! Printing them out was no problem at all.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 5:27:53 #864185

Perfect!

• The thread ‘Purchasing Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.