Purchasing Swiss Half Fare Card

Purchasing Swiss Half Fare Card

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
debdana
debdana
3 posts
May 29, 2017 - 9:32 PM

Can you buy a Swiss Half Fare Card at the Tasch train station?

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
May 30, 2017 - 7:16 AM in reply to debdana

Hi Debdana and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, any staffed office in Switzerland can sell you a Swiss Half Fare Card.

It is often easier to buy this rail pass online. You can have it emailed to you for printing at home - then no hassle at the station. If you would like to buy it online you can do so here.

Lucas

debdana
debdana
3 posts
May 30, 2017 - 11:37 PM

I have considered ordering them online and printing them. However, they state the email will be sent 7 days prior to the date we want the pass to start. We will be starting our trip to Europe quite a bit before the time we will arrive in Switzerland. I wasn't sure if it would arrive in time. Also, they are quite specific about how it is printed. Has anyone had any problems with this issue?

Thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
May 31, 2017 - 8:45 AM in reply to debdana

You can put in your comments when ordering the pass that you need it sent right away (within 3 days is typical). Also you could print the pass out at any hotel or business in Europe prior to entering Switzerland.

I haven't heard of any issues with the pass being printed on incorrect paper - I' m not sure if another member has...You can also print it as many times as you want if you think (or there is) a problem.

Lucas

Last modified on May 31, 2017 - 8:46 AM by Lucas
debdana
debdana
3 posts
Jun 11, 2017 - 8:03 PM

Lucas, thank you so much for your help. I ordered two Swiss Half Fare cards today and requested they send them to us by email as soon as possible. They arrived within minutes of my order! Printing them out was no problem at all.

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2017 - 5:27 AM in reply to debdana

Perfect!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017