Swiss Half Fare Card for 4 days over 2 weeks?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 13:43:28 #814236

We will be in Zurich for two days in mid May and plan to go to Stanserhorn on one day. We then drive to Germany, Austria and Italy, returning to Lauterbrunnen for 3 days, around May 26th, to visit the Jungfrau. I have done a lot of research but am still confused about which fare would be best for us. I feel that it would be the Swiss Half Fare Card. Am I correct?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 14:30:32 #875551

Hi Nanco71 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For an itinerary such as yours, yes the Swiss Half Fare Card might be best (it is valid for 30 days). You could also look at the Swiss Travel Pass Flex (4 day pass for any 4 days within 30) and use it for the day trip to Stanserhorn and the 3 days in Lauterbrunnen. It would work out if you do a fair bit of train and cable car trips especially.

In the end you’ll have to add up the costs for the rail passes and compare them to know for sure. Use our page on how to choose the best rail pass for help (and a handy spreadsheet).

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card for 4 days over 2 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.