Swiss Half Fare Card - passenger details needed?

Swiss Half Fare Card - passenger details needed?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
wailee313
wailee313
4 posts
Feb 22, 2018 - 5:57 PM

Hi,

I was trying to purchase 5 swiss half fare card for my family so I selected 5 cards but I wasn't asked to input passengers information before I enter my credit card information. Does anyone know if details of travellers are required or I can just simply purchase 5 cards at one time without any passengers details?

Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
7178 posts
expert &
Feb 22, 2018 - 6:24 PM in reply to wailee313

Hi wailee313 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Where are you looking to buy the Swiss Half Fare Cards? Often they would ask for details like that. We would recommend one of the retailers on our site here normally.

srdebnath
srdebnath
46 posts
Feb 22, 2018 - 8:22 PM

I recently purchased Half Fare Card online and I had to provide name and passport details of the passengers

wailee313
wailee313
4 posts
Feb 23, 2018 - 5:24 AM

Thanks. Let me try again tonight, I am just worrying I can’t buy 5 tickets at a time for different people and then they process my credit card information and then all cards under one name.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3697 posts
expert
Feb 23, 2018 - 5:33 AM in reply to wailee313

If you are buying from www.swissrailways.com/ en/node/90 once you fill in the billing details scroll down and you should see a number of spaces to fill in details for each passenger. In the attached example I only ordered 2 cards.

You can only select on-line delivery after completing the billing details.

Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Feb 23, 2018 - 4:58 PM

Hi Wailee313,

Very few retailers do not ask for passenger details during the purchase these days. If that's the case you will have to fill out the details on the cards before you start traveling anyway (to make them valid). Is it explained here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/howtou se.

Last modified on Feb 23, 2018 - 4:58 PM by Arno
wailee313
wailee313
4 posts
Feb 26, 2018 - 4:20 PM

Thanks everyone. May I know if I will have my code right away after I purchase or I need to wait for the physical ticket to arrive before I can use the code to make reservation online? As I do not want to print the ticket yet I need to purchase the Glacier Express this coming Saturday.

Thanks.

srdebnath
srdebnath
46 posts
Feb 26, 2018 - 4:30 PM

You can still book seats in Glacier Express at half price without actually obtaining the Half Fare Card.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3697 posts
expert
Feb 26, 2018 - 8:03 PM in reply to wailee313

There is no “code”. You just need to present your Swiss Half-fare Card together with your half-fare ticket (and reservation on GEX) to the inspector on a train.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018