Swiss Half Fare Card calculations support needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2020 at 0:49:25 #825258

Getting so confused by whether it is worth getting the half price pass and we go on Thurs. Cant do excel and the prices keep changing on the sbb app. Please help. Our trip will be as follows

Zurich airport to kriens mattenhof where hotel is.

Train to interlaken and grimfelwal return trip

Boat trip at Lucerne and possibly up to to go

Back to Zurich airport

TIA from confused

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 February 2020 at 1:56:44 #930338

The prices on the SBB app don’t change unless you are looking at Supersaver fares which have a “%” in from of them.

If I was a first-time traveller to Switzerland I’d buy a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass and a separate ticket to get you back to the airport on 24th.

Not sure where Grimfelwal is perhaps Grindelwald? And your “up to to go” I interpret as Pilatus. How did I do? 😉

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 February 2020 at 12:20:29 #930339

Hi Abijac,

How to find the cheapest pass option is explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass. That page indeed offers an Excel spreadsheet, but you can perform all the steps using a piece of paper as well. The spreadsheet is just an extra tool to help you out. Or, you can keep things simple as Rockoyster said.

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card calculations support needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.