Swiss Half Fare Card prices and how to use

Swiss Half Fare Card prices and how to use

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mathias
Mathias
2 posts
Apr 12, 2018 - 7:25 PM

Good afternoon,

My name is Mathias and i'm having some trouble about the swiss half fare card.

During my readings on the website i've seen that this Swiss half fare card cost 100-120 CHF and is valid for one month to foreign citizens, also, am i going to be able to use it when going to Gornergrat, Matterhorn glacier paradise, Jungfraujoch and for train among Zermatt-grindelwald-zurich?

Someone could confirm that, please?

Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
3931 posts
expert
Apr 12, 2018 - 9:11 PM in reply to Mathias

Hello Mathias and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The price of the Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard) is CHF120.

The map you can download at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity will show you where your travel will be discounted.

All tickets you mentioned will be 50% discounted.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (goo.gl/PXbqWw) to find the half-fare ticket prices. If you are not familiar with the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions at bit.ly/2IwxrEV.

Mathias
Mathias
2 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 10:03 AM

Thank you very much.

It was kind of insecurity of my part. The website is really complete..

Thanks anyway

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 11:34 AM

Good morning!

How far in advance should we purchase the Swiss half fare card? also, do we need it to book our TGV pass from Paris to Bern?

thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
8952 posts
expert &
Apr 13, 2018 - 11:43 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi Jamiedewolf and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would buy the Swiss Half Fare Card about a week before travel. You can buy it online and have it emailed to you for printing at home (it actually often arrives same day as you order it).

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 5:01 PM in reply to Lucas

I am in Canada ; does that make a difference? We are going to buy our TGV rail ticket from Paris to Bern 3 months before we leave for our trip. It asks if you have a rail pass in Switzerland. Do I not need my card when I order the TGV tickets that far in advance?

Lucas
Lucas
8952 posts
expert &
Apr 13, 2018 - 5:53 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Jamie,

No you don't need it when you buy a ticket online - just when you are asked to show it on the train (the ticket and the Swiss Half Fare Card).

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 13, 2018 - 6:08 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks! Are there likely to be promotions for the Half Fare Card or the BO Pass do you think between now and the middle of August?

Lucas
Lucas
8952 posts
expert &
Apr 13, 2018 - 7:01 PM in reply to Removed user

If anything it would be quite soon...but I don't recall any promotions on these passes last year.
You can find any promotions on our web pages here:

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/promotions

https://www.myswissalp s.com/regionalpassbern eseoberland/promotions

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018