Swiss Half Fare Card - residency

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 4
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
2 posts
new member
May 23, 2018 - 12:55 PM

Hi, I'm trying to buy a swiss half fare card and it asks for passport number and country of residence.

I'm an EU national but resident in the UK. I assume I don't need to change the country of residence to match my passport country of issue. is that right?


10496 posts
top member
May 23, 2018 - 1:53 PM in reply to And2ncl

Hi And2ncl and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You just need to give your passport details when buying the Swiss Half Fare Card (https://www.myswissalp d/price). You must travel with that passport when you are here.

12839 posts
expert &
May 24, 2018 - 6:51 AM

I just checked for the Swiss Travel Pass and your country will be printed on it. No doubt the Swiss Half Fare Card works like that as well. If they ask for the country of the traveler, then pick the one on your passport, as that's what they can (and occasionally will) check on board. If they ask for a billing address you can fill out the actual address in the UK where you live at the moment.

2 posts
new member
May 24, 2018 - 7:40 AM

Thank you everyone. That's very helpful

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© 2002-2019