Swiss Half Fare Card – residency

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 12:55:08 #816184

Hi, I’m trying to buy a swiss half fare card and it asks for passport number and country of residence.

I’m an EU national but resident in the UK. I assume I don’t need to change the country of residence to match my passport country of issue. is that right?

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 13:53:26 #886125

Hi And2ncl and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You just need to give your passport details when buying the Swiss Half Fare Card (https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/price). You must travel with that passport when you are here.

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 May 2018 at 6:51:35 #886126

I just checked for the Swiss Travel Pass and your country will be printed on it. No doubt the Swiss Half Fare Card works like that as well. If they ask for the country of the traveler, then pick the one on your passport, as that’s what they can (and occasionally will) check on board. If they ask for a billing address you can fill out the actual address in the UK where you live at the moment.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 7:40:29 #886127

Thank you everyone. That’s very helpful

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card – residency’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.