Half Fare Card vs Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 9:30:37 #811031

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate advice on which pass best suits my family of 4 adults traveling to Zurich end of March. Basically we will be going from Zurich to BaselFair on the first two days but based in Zurich. Then we will spend 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen and 1 final night in Zurich before flying home. While in Lauterbrunnen I am planning to explore the major places of attraction and nearby towns in Bernese Oberland, and maybe take a scenic train if time allows. Would a Swiss Half Fare Card be most cost-efficient or a Regional Pass-Bernese Oberland is sufficient? Can I purchase either one once I land at Zurich Airport before taking the train to my hotel in town?

Thanks everyone !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    11 March 2017 at 15:51:22 #859940

Hi Mei67, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland isn’t available for late March yet (availability starts from April 22 2017). So a Swiss Half Fare Card seems to be your best bet. Purchase options are listed here. I advise to get one before your leave and print it at home. That way you’ll avoid having to buy your pass at a (maybe busy) manned ticket desk. You can start using your print at home Swiss Half Fare Card right away. The official SBB tourist webshop is recommended. Pick “online delivery” when asked for delivery options, after you’ve filled out your country of residence.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2017 at 11:04:47 #859941

Thanks Annika for your prompt reply, appreciate it ! I will definitely do as you suggest before I leave.

• The thread ‘Half Fare Card vs Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.