Half Fare Card vs Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland

Half Fare Card vs Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mei67
Mei67
2 posts
Mar 11, 2017 - 9:30 AM

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate advice on which pass best suits my family of 4 adults traveling to Zurich end of March. Basically we will be going from Zurich to BaselFair on the first two days but based in Zurich. Then we will spend 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen and 1 final night in Zurich before flying home. While in Lauterbrunnen I am planning to explore the major places of attraction and nearby towns in Bernese Oberland, and maybe take a scenic train if time allows. Would a Swiss Half Fare Card be most cost-efficient or a Regional Pass-Bernese Oberland is sufficient? Can I purchase either one once I land at Zurich Airport before taking the train to my hotel in town?

Thanks everyone !

Annika
Annika
4949 posts
expert &
Mar 11, 2017 - 3:51 PM in reply to Mei67

Hi Mei67, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland isn't available for late March yet (availability starts from April 22 2017). So a Swiss Half Fare Card seems to be your best bet. Purchase options are listed here. I advise to get one before your leave and print it at home. That way you'll avoid having to buy your pass at a (maybe busy) manned ticket desk. You can start using your print at home Swiss Half Fare Card right away. The official SBB tourist webshop is recommended. Pick "online delivery" when asked for delivery options, after you've filled out your country of residence.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
Mei67
Mei67
2 posts
Mar 12, 2017 - 11:04 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks Annika for your prompt reply, appreciate it ! I will definitely do as you suggest before I leave.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018