Swiss Half Fare Card with children for Jungfrau

Swiss Half Fare Card with children for Jungfrau

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Raj
Raj
2 posts
Apr 29, 2018 - 12:47 PM

Hello, I have a query about the Swiss Half Fare card. My understanding is that if we get the Swiss Family card with it (free of charge), a child goes free when accompanied by at least one parent with Swiss Half fare card & discounted ticket. When I book for a train journey from Wengen to Jungfrau on the Jungfrau website, it does not give me an option for a free child ticket. It has an option for a Swiss Half card and that I take for the adult parent. How do I book a child ticket that is free of cost. Or is it that for the Jungfrau trip, the child pays the half price?

Thanks & regards,

Raj

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2135 posts
top member
Apr 29, 2018 - 1:25 PM in reply to Raj

Hi Raj, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A child entitled to free travel doesn't need any sort of ticket. Just show your Swiss Family Card when asked.

The Jungfrau website isn't particularly clear on this point, but if you download the current timetable from the following page, and read the first page under the heading Buy tickets online at jungfrau.ch/shop, it says: Swiss Family Card valid.

www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/prices-and-brochures/

However, it's definitely not a good idea to buy your ticket more than 24-48 hours in advance. If it turns out that the weather is not suitable, or the Jungfraujoch is in the clouds, you will not see anything and cannot get a refund on your ticket or exchange it for another day.

What time of year are you travelling?

Alpenrose

Raj
Raj
2 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 6:55 AM

Hello Alpenrose, thank you for your reply. I’m glad I’m not alone in thinking that it is a little confusing. I will take a look at the links. We are traveling in July but I am just getting the required information. Didn’t want to assume that my 13 year old will not require a ticket from Wengen to Jungfrau when traveling with an adult with a Swiss Family card. Will contact for any further information. Thanks again.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018