May 6, 2021 - 12:14 PM
I am planning a train trip in July 2021
But I can use some help. We are both mid thirty and like hiking.
1. Fly to Zürich. Train to Luzern
2. Daytrip to Engelberg
3. daytrip to Bern
4. Daytrip to Stoos and Mount Rigi
5. Train Luzern to Schwanden
6+ 7 hiking Elm region
8 Train Schwanden to Appenzell
9+10 hiking near Appenzell
11. Train Apenzell to Stein am Rhine
12. Train Stein am Rhine to Zurich airport
This is the idea, But I am not sure from day 5 until the end.
We are looking for 2 mountain villages for a base to start hiking. We are not looking for big/famous resort villages. The region in Swiss doesn t matter. It must be reachable by train/bus. We are not looking for bucket list hikes
What villages come to your mind?
thanks a lot