Bases to cover Lucerne, Zermatt, Lausanne & Murren

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kajvir12
Kajvir12
3 posts
May 30, 2019 - 4:05 PM

I and my husband are planning to travel Switzerland on 28th September arrival in Zurich and leave on 6th Oct. Kindly please suggest itinerary what we can cover. We prefer to take apartment in one or 2 place and move around everywhere. We would like to cover lucerne, mt.titlis, Lausanne, zermatt with glacier, murren, interlaken.

Pls suggest it.

pvonk
pvonk
143 posts
May 30, 2019 - 6:33 PM

Welcome to myswissalps!

The forum moderators do not create itineraries, but they will offer suggestions regarding one that you put together.

Here's a link to a page that gets you started with creating an itinerary.

www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself/co mposeitinerary

rockoyster
rockoyster
6378 posts
expert
May 31, 2019 - 3:34 AM in reply to Kajvir12

Maybe start at www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/please-read-these-faqs-before-you-post-1

Use the timetable on the SBB website (bit.ly/2HH1U7B) or the highly-recommended SBB Mobile app (bit.ly/2ICIUHi) to plan your travel, find fares* and buy tickets if required. If you are not familiar with using the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions on this page - www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. *SBB website shows half-fare prices by default, mobile app allows you to nominate full or half-fare and is also smart enough to offer you the Saver Day Pass (www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass) if that offers the best fare.

You should also read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to all the available passes.

Arno
Arno
13311 posts
expert &
May 31, 2019 - 6:51 AM

Hi Kajvir,

Theoretically you could stay in Interlaken all the time, but some day trips will require a lot of travel time. Do check the timetable as suggested, and see what's doable for you.

For Interlaken details, please see www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken.

Kajvir12
Kajvir12
3 posts
Jun 3, 2019 - 5:45 AM in reply to Arno

Thanks for the reply. If I stay in Interlaken. I cover all with day trips.

But how do I cover the zermatt with Glacier.

And swiss rail pass which i buy, is also allowed to use for Glacier train.

rockoyster
rockoyster
6378 posts
expert
Jun 3, 2019 - 6:52 AM in reply to Kajvir12

What is a "Zermatt with Glacier"? If you mean the Glacier Express then I'd suggest you rethink that. You don't need to take the Glacier Express to get from Interlaken to Zermatt. There are regular trains following that route.

Steph
Steph
1320 posts
top member &
Jun 3, 2019 - 10:30 AM in reply to Kajvir12

Hello Kajvir12,

If you take the Glacier Express, the panoramic train, and you're talking about the Swiss Travel Pass, the pass will cover the journey, but NOT the mandatory seat reservation:
- www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/tickets
-www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

To find out about possible connections, both with regular trains and with the panoramic trains (labelled PE in the timetable), please use the timetable link provided by Rockoyster.

Best,
Steph

Last modified on Jun 3, 2019 - 10:30 AM by Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019