Swiss itinerary for 9 days July / August

• 4orgam
    Participant
    12 posts
    14 April 2018 at 18:23:42 #815324

Hi to all those people who post on this forum and make travel planning to Switzerland easy!

We arrive on July 25th 7pm in Zurich, plan is to take a train to Luzern.

July 26/27 – Luzern- visit Mt Rigi and or Mt. Pilatus, cruise on the lake and Luzern’s other sight seeing attractions

July 28 am to Interlaken ost, plan to spend 2 days in this area. Want to go up to Schilthorn and do easy hikes in Wengen, Lauterbrunnen and Murren . Want to see the lush green valley and flowers that we see in the Swiss pictures!

Should we stay in Interlaken or other area?

July 30 am leave for Zermatt- see the sightsin the area and want to make a day trip on Glacier Express and Chur. And the fireworks!

Aug 2 leave for Geneva AM hoping to take a scenic journey- suggestions welcome, and hopefully have enough time to go by the lake.

Aug 3 – leave to go home.

Please all suggestions are welcome and very important to see those greens and flowers

Thank you,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2018 at 7:44:12 #882259

Hi 4orgam,

Instead of Interlaken, I would recommend to stay in Wengen. End of July might be a bit late for the flowers. The best months for flowers are June and the beginning of July.

Please read this thread as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/choice-of-site-in-or-near-interlaken.

4orgam
    Participant
    12 posts
    15 April 2018 at 21:12:14 #882260

Chantal, Thank you.

Zermatt to Geneva what is the best scenic train route .

4orgam
    Participant
    12 posts
    15 April 2018 at 21:22:19 #882261

As for the STP, I plan to get an 8 day pass.

Since my travel starts on 7/25 – and ends Aug 2- 9 days. I should start using my pass on 7/26. For my journey on 7/25 from Zurich to Lucerne I should by a regular ticket.

Will this work?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 7:08:36 #882262

There isn’t any particular scenic route. The ride to Lausanne will be nice. Make sure you sit on the left side to get good lake views.

Yes, it’s best to buy a regular ticket to Lucerne.

• The thread ‘Swiss itinerary for 9 days July / August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.