Itinerary help Zermatt and Lake Lucerne boat fares

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 12:25:53 #812710

Guys,

I visited swiss this may and had a wonderful time . Thank you myswissalps members for all your valuable informations.

My cousin is planning for a swiss trip next month so need your help

1:) Zermatt: 1.5 days. Apart from Mattherhorn glacier paradise . What else can they visit.Arriving on 13 aug around 6pm and leaving zermatt on 15 august.

2:) how much is round trip cost for 1 hour cruise on lake luzerne with swiss half card. We had swiss travel pass so cruise was free. Cruise which goes to vitznau and returns from what i remember.

The website has below fare chart which I am unable to understand. Please can someone help me with the duration and price with swiss half card

http://www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloa ds_PDF/01_Fahrplan-Preise/02_Preise/2017/ 2017_Fares_and_conditi ons.pdf

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 18:31:11 #867266

Hi Snehap,

I’m glad we helped with your trip!

1. Here is a list of things to do in Zermatt
    2. With the PDF fare sheet you see the prices from town to town ie. Luzern to Weggis is 14 km (noted on 1st page) so it is 19.60 – fares by km on 2nd page. You then take 50% off that for your Swiss Half Fare Card price.

If you want to know how long it takes to get from Luzern to Weggis (for example) you can use the timetable here.

Cheers!
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2017 at 4:06:44 #867267

Thank you for your prompt response

they will be staying in Cham zug so do they need to travel to luzern to catch the cruise or there any pick up points close to cham

They will be arriving in zermatt on 13 aug around 7 pm and departing on 15 august morning so basically one day in zermatt

Is it possible to visit both gornergrat and Matterhorn glacier paradise in the same day

Is it must to visit both the places?

if visiting both in one day , how should they start n end the trip

please help

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2017 at 6:54:41 #867268

Hi Snehap,

Küssnacht Am Rigi (See) is the closest boat dock for them so they can catch a boat there.

Yes, you can do both Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise in one day. This won’t leave much time to explore the town. It is personal preference there! I’m not sure I would do both activities myself. Use the timetable link on my previous post to plan the trips.

Cheers,

Lucas

• The thread ‘Itinerary help Zermatt and Lake Lucerne boat fares’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.