Swiss itinerary help 4 days in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 23:05:10 #815786

Hello, We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (age 14 and 8). We are travelling to Zurich on July 12th at 7:30am. We plan to buy the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days as we fly out on July 16th early morning flight.

Had the below questions

1. How do I travel to Horgen from the airport? I understand there is a train station at the airport itself. With the signs directing me to the station at the airport, is it easy to travel to Horgen with bags?

2. Do I buy the tickets at home or I can buy it at the airport and they can give me a printed copy?

3. If I buy the Swiss Travel Pass, I only have to pay for 2 adults and my kids would be free as we are travelling with them?

4. I can use this pass for travel between Zurich, Lucerne, Mount Titlis, Bern, Interlaken and Mount Schilthorn at no additional charge?

We will be staying at Horgen and plan to visit the below places

Day 1 – Horgen to Zurich and Lucerne

Day 2 – Horgen to Mount Schilthorn

Day 3 – We will stay at Bern returning from Mount Schilthorn. Plan to visit Bern and Interlaken this day and return back to Horgen

Day 4 – Horgen to Mount Titlis

Day 5 – Return

5. Is the above doable? Would the Swiss travel pass cover all the travel except for the cogwheel ride from Engelberg to Mount Titlis?

Let me know.

Thanks

Swetana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 5:43:12 #884458

Hi Swetana, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. Please use the Swiss railways timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.
    2. You can buy the Swiss Travel Passes online here and print them at home. You can also buy them upon arrival. Any other tickets can be bought at the train stations when you are here.
    3. Correct, your kids will travel for free. You need to order the Swiss Family Card when purchasing your Swiss Travel Passes.
    4. More about the validity of th pass can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. You get 50% off on Mt. Titlis. The other trips are included.
    5. Yes it is doable. For the validity of the pass, please refer to my previous answer.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 14:03:13 #884459

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Another question – When we go to Mount Schilthorn, as we would be travelling from Horgen to Murren, is there any storage options at Interlaken station for our bags for a day? We can pick it up when we return back as we plan to stay in Interlaken that night. Just dont want to carry luggage during our trip.

Do let me know.

Thanks

Swetana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 21:47:57 #884460

Hi Swetana,

Yes there is.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 21:50:25 #884461

Thank you again. What would be the cost for each luggage? Is there any baggage specifications?

Thanks

Shweta

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 22:24:56 #884462

You can find more details on the Swiss railways (SBB) website here: http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations.posid.7492.ht ml

• The thread ‘Swiss itinerary help 4 days in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.