Itinerary to Schilthorn, Jungfrau, Titlis & Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 21:20:39 #816122

Hi everyone,

I have been actively following this forum and found really useful information in planning my trip, so I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions.

I have booked a trip to Switzerland with family(me, wife and daughter) from 25/05 to 02/06.

A brief description of my itinerary is as follows:

Reach Basel 25/05 around 11. Travel to Interlaken and reach hotel 16:00.

Take a rest and leisure around with possible boat ride.

26/05 Trip to Schilthorn full day

27/05 Trip to Jungfrau full day

28/05 Harder Kulm and Lauterbrunnen sight-seeing

29/05 Travel to Lucerne, boat trip and rest

30/05 Trip to Titlis Full Day

31/05 Trip to Stanserhorn Full Day

01/06 Trip to Rigi Full Day

02/06 Travel back to Basel

One of my queries is regarding Pilatus, do you think I can accommodate it on any of the days with possibly Rigi or Stanserhorn. I have taken a Swiss travel pass for 8 days.

Also, Can someone advice about the side of train or funiculars I should be sitting on to get the best possible view.

Kind Regards

Travelseeker

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    21 May 2018 at 12:59:56 #885910

Hi Travelseeker, thanks for joining MySwissalps! Glad to hear that the website has been useful so far. I think you’ve managed to create a very doable itinerary with lots of highlights. All mountain top visits are highly weather dependent though, so it’s wise to make a list of back-up plans in case skies aren’t clear. Our pages on Interlaken and Lucerne may be of help here. Fortuntately, your Swiss Travel Pass will allow you to be flexible and adjust your plans if necessary.

As for Pilatus: yes, I think you should be able to include this on either May 31 or June 1, if you don’t mind a long day of traveling. The mountain can be easily reached from Lucerne, so it’s not too hard to incorporate this trip.

If there’s a favorable side to sit on, we usually mention this at the “Route” tab of each attraction page, e.g.myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/gettingthere. All mountains you plan to visit are listed at myswissalps.com/activi ties/naturalsites/moun tains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 15:31:11 #885911

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

I had a small query about visiting Jungfrau. How to get an idea about weather up in Jungfrau based on webcam for previous day. Is there any weather website which can give a clue about how much clear sky is possible for the following day

Regards

Traveseeker

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 18:48:18 #885912

Hi Traveseeker,

We have some weather links here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/weather/forecast & you can check the webcam for Jungfraujoch just before you plan to depart: https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/live/webcams/

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 May 2018 at 19:57:57 #885913

Also some weather predictions here bit.ly/2GmILXS.

• The thread ‘Itinerary to Schilthorn, Jungfrau, Titlis & Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.