Swiss itinerary with Paris and Italy in August

• ABHISHEK1691
    Participant
    9 posts
    27 July 2022 at 8:24:17 #827894

Good people on the forum,

I and my wife are landing in Zurich on 11th August and plan to take up the following itinerary. Needed your suggestions on feasibility of doing this?

11th – reach Zurich in the late afternoon and relax overnight in Zurich

12-13 Paris (Fri-sat)- Leave for Paris on the 12th morning and spend the night in Paris. Leave back for Zurich on the 13th Afternoon

13th- come back from Paris and overnight in Zurich

14th is a Sunday that can be spent with family in Zurich doing local Zurich things and overnight in Zurich

15-Leave for Milan from Zurich. Stay Overnight in Milan

16th- Leave for Cinque Terre from Milan in the morning. Explore Cinque Terre and spend the night in Vernazza

17th- Explore all the 5 villages of Cinque Terre and maybe head to Porto Venere. Return back to Vernazza and overnight in Vernazza

18th- Cinque Terre- Zurich in train. Overnight in Zurich

19th- Leave Zurich and go to the Appenzell region. Take the ebenalp gondola and hike to Schafler/Aescher. Overnight stay in Aescher.

20th- Leave for Wengen from Appenzell. Spend the night in Wengen.

21-23- Spend 3 days in Wengen exploring the area and going on multiple hikes.

24th- Check out from Wengen and head to Zermatt. Overnight stay in Zermatt.

25– Explore Zermatt. Take multiple hikes and stay overnight in Zermatt.

26th- Check out from the hotel in Zermatt and Spend the day exploring Zermatt. Take a train back to Zurich in the evening and spend the night in Zurich.

27-28th – Lugano+Morcote for 1n 2d

29th – Flight back home at night. So spend the day in Zurich, pack, and leave for the airport

My main concerns are:

1) Is the route that we have taken proper or does it need any change? I saw and figured that apenzall to wengen can be quite time consuming and will require multiple change of trains(we are planning to take a 15 day flex swiss travel pass). Same thing from wengen- zermatt?

2) Would you guys suggest a swiss travel pass or any other passes? We plan to take a few excursions like gornegratt, glacier 3000, grindelwald first,schilthorn,eiger trail etc

3) The reason for going back to zurich after every base change is because my sister lives there so we save a lot on accommodation and food costs like that

Please help. I am a little anxious now.

• The thread ‘Swiss itinerary with Paris and Italy in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.