Swiss National Day fireworks/Lake Lucerne cruise

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 0:24:38 #815998

Will be in Lucerne July 31-August 1 and am trying to decide whether to book the Lake Lucerne evening cruise for the fireworks. Is this worthwhile (cost can be high if we do the 3 course dinner)? What company should we book through and is it possible to apply a Swiss Pass discount?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 17:16:51 #885354

Hi Lindalsw,

You can find information on Lake Lucerne boat cruises here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakelucerne

The link under “more on other websites” brings you to the official page for boat trips and has details on August 1st fireworks cruises. They usually don’t offer discounts on these specialty cruises but it is possible that you can get one – they can let you know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 17:25:32 #885355

Thank you. I have located needed information. Am wondering if it’s a good way to see the festivities or can we just enjoy from shore? (Staying near Chapel Brodge) They do dinner cruises and trips without. Which would you recommend?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 18:40:44 #885356

Well I haven’t done either activity in Lucerne. It won’t be a problem seeing them from the shoreline or most anywhere it town – it will be busy! If you want a break from the crowds I think a boat trip is a nice idea.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 23:42:40 #885357

>> Am wondering if it’s a good way to see the festivities or can we just enjoy from shore? (Staying near Chapel Brodge)

If it’s the fireworks you would like to see, I’m not sure whether there will be fireworks in Luzern, as the only ones I have seen mentioned are at Brunnen (further down the lake). You can get to Brunnen by boat or train. I don’t know when the fireworks start, but sunset is around 21:00, so sometime after that.

• There are regular trains from Luzern to Brunnen (about 3 per hour, some with a transfer at Arth-Goldau)
    • The last “normal” boat leaves Luzern at 16:12, arriving Brunnen at 18:41

You can come back by train. The last connection back to Luzern from Brunnen is at 23:22, with a transfer at Arth-Goldau.

Use the Swiss Timetable to find transport that suits you:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss National Day fireworks/Lake Lucerne cruise’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.