Swiss National Holiday – August 1 – Lac de Bienne

• Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    31 July 2018 at 22:14:29 #817606

Hello everybody,

As the Swiss National Holiday arrives (it is now just fourteen minutes past midnight 0n August 1 in Switzerland) I am attaching a link to one of my favourite YouTube videos, which was recorded above the Lac de Bienne (Bielersee) on such an evening, back in 2013, showing the boat traffic scurrying towards the south-west end of the lake as the sky darkens and fireworks are being set off over in Neuchâtel, all this set to the soundtrack of the Swiss National Hymn. youtu.be/KNcVJJ-9JEA I hope you will enjoy it and will possibly be encouraged to come visit this part of Switzerland.

More information about the “Swiss Psalm” can be found here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Swiss_Psalm

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    1 August 2018 at 5:17:46 #892990

Here is today’s Google doodle for Switzerland’s National Holiday.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 August 2018 at 5:50:47 #892991

Thanks for sharing that Peterli. An amazing video, with that many lighted boats on the lake!

Congratulations to all Swiss residents on the 727th anniversary of the Swiss confederation!

• The thread ‘Swiss National Holiday – August 1 – Lac de Bienne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.