Jul 10, 2013 - 3:56 AM
We are from Singapore. My husband and I together with my son, age 22, will be travelling to Zurich from 4 Sept for two weeks. Upon arrival at Zurich airport, we would like to take a train, using the Swiss rail, to Geneva. We will be staying at Geneva for two days after which we will be taking a flight out to London on 6 Sep for 5 days. We will then fly back to Geneva on 10 Sep where we will touring another five days in Geneva, Switzerland. On 16 Sep, we will be taking the Swiss rail back to Zurich and stay for 1 day before catching our return back to Singapore on 17 Sep.
Would appreciate your advice on the following:
1) What type of Swiss Pass should we purchase based on the above travelling pattern.
2) Can it be used on both bus rides and rails?
3) Can the same Swiss Pass be used from Zurich airport to Geneva and also to tour Geneva and other parts of Switzerland?
4) As we will be going to London for five days from 6 Sep to 10 Sep, would it be cheaper to buy separate passes from 4 -6 Sep and 11 - 16 Sep?
5) Must we make prior booking on the timing of the rail for our intended travelling eg. to and fro from Zurich airport to Geneva.