Swiss Pass ( 2 for 1)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2012 at 7:04:19 #805061

Dear All,

Please clarify a little doubt:

Do we need to buy the additional train ticket if we have already have Swiss Pass( 2 for 1) for train travel
    From Basel to Interlaken
    Interlakent to Lucerne
    Lucerne to Zurich
    Any other places.
    Do we need to buy local tram or bus tickets for local travel

Whether My daughter aged 15 yrs and 2 month can travel free of cost since she below 16 yrs.

What kind of discouts are avaiable for Jungfrouch and Mt Titlis trip or cable car ride

Thanks and regards
    Rajiv

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    25 March 2012 at 9:17:32 #835336

Hello Rajiv,

An overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid can be found on the Swiss Pass page. I think most of your questions will be answered after you downloaded the overview.

As for your daughter: information about her travelling with you can be found on the same page. (It says: with the STS Family Card, children, stepchildren and foster children from 6 up to and including 15 years old travel for free if accompanied by at least one of their parents. The STS Family Card can be supplied with your order for free.)

I hope this helps. Wishing you a nice trip,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 3:23:42 #835337

Thanks a lot for quick reply.
    A little doubt. My daughter is 15 years and 2 months old.
    Whether she will be treated as child or youth. please clarify as per Swiss Rules. Youth is considered 16 + but <26
    Do you ship the tickets to Indian Address free of cost or we have to pay for shipping charges.
    Thanks

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 March 2012 at 5:23:23 #835338

Hello Rajiv,

I refer to my former post. That it wat it says on the Swiss Pass page, so to me it seems that your daugther will be travelling for free if she has a STS Family Card.
    For prices please fill out the information in the right hand top corner, the system will tell you the prices. And the first post of this topic will give you information as well.

I hope this helps. Have a nice trip!

Annika
    7104 posts
    27 March 2012 at 10:37:27 #835339

Hi Rajiv. If you fill out your information in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page as Olga suggested, you’ll see purchase options for your country of residence. Clicking ‘Show more info’ at each purchase option will get you to further details, such as shipping costs and delivery dates.

Please note that the 2 for 1 offer can only be bought online.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass ( 2 for 1)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.