Swiss Travel Pass review

Swiss Travel Pass review

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
NJfam
NJfam
37 posts
Sep 27, 2017 - 9:47 PM

I was in Switzerland for 6 full days not counting the traveling to and from. As this site suggest buy the Swiss Travel Pass before hand, if you buy at the airport, you wasting time atleast 1/2 hr or more. Weather you buy from this site or at airport the prices are the same.

I would like to thank all the people who gave me valuable feed back on this site - Thank you very much!!!!

I will post my report of the trip :)

Lucas
Lucas
7164 posts
expert &
Sep 28, 2017 - 7:07 AM in reply to NJfam

Thanks NJfam!

Hope you had a great trip - looking forward to your report.

Cheers!

cam223
cam223
66 posts
Oct 6, 2017 - 5:03 PM

We are purchasing Swiss Rail Passes for our trip in November. I went to the Swiss Railway website but I don't see the option for the flexible pass. We need a flexible 4 day pass since we will travel to Zermatt on Monday but don't leave for Zurich until Friday. Does that website only sell the 4 consecutive day pass?

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Oct 6, 2017 - 6:40 PM in reply to cam223

Hello Cam223,

They do sell that pass. Please go to www.swissrailways.com/ en, click to the Swiss Travel Pass Flex, click "Order now" and fill out the requested information.

The websites selling the Swiss Travel Pass Flex are listed here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/pric e

Make sure to also take a look at the promotion here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/prom otions

Have a good trip!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:50 AM by Arno
cam223
cam223
66 posts
Oct 6, 2017 - 7:57 PM

thanks so much

rockoyster
rockoyster
3693 posts
expert
Oct 6, 2017 - 9:37 PM in reply to cam223

Hi cam,

Please note Flex Pass is not available for electronic print at home delivery.

cam223
cam223
66 posts
Oct 8, 2017 - 5:07 PM

If we are purchasing the Flex Pass, then we will have to pay for delivery to our home, correct? We can't print out our passes from an email that they send us?

Arno
Arno
10751 posts
expert &
Oct 8, 2017 - 6:06 PM in reply to cam223

Indeed those passes will not be e-mailed. Shipping is often free, or free from a minimum order amount. Please see the last two links in my previous post for all your options. I would look into www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html, especially with the promotion they have for two more days.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 2:49 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018