Swiss Travel Pass in Lauterbrunnen & what to do

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 9:59:46 #816248

Hi All,

Am planning a 11 day trip in switzerland with my parents. The tentative itinerary is ZURICH-LUCERNE-INTERLAKEN-LAUTERBRUNNE. So i wanted to know will the 15 day Swiss pass cover my train cost between these cities and also the train journey in and around these cities like all the famous Lakes and the Mountain Tops.? And can any body also suggest the must dos for these 4 places, as i don’t want to jump around a lot with my parents, they are in their 60’s so will not be able to cover all.

Thanks in advance folks 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 10:45:25 #886451

Hi Shruticy,

You can see what routes and mountains are covered (or partially covered) by the Swiss Travel Pass here:

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

As for activity suggestions around Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen look here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 11:15:55 #886452

This link suggests to buy a golden pass for Lucerne and interlaken, will that be necessary after buying the Swiss pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 12:08:37 #886453

Buy a Golden Pass?

You can buy a reservation if you want to Luzern to Interlaken but no ticket is needed with the Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 4:16:27 #886454

Thanks a ton, Lucas. ONE more doubt, so if i am buying the pass I don’t need to make any advance reservations for the trains from one city to another l, can i just get on the train using the pass. I Mean there are so many rail companies which must be providing the services, so can i just get on any train for my destination and not make any online reservations for my dates and no. Of passengers . WHAT if it can be full and they deny us boar?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 6:27:43 #886455

Reservations are only needed for panoramic express trains: https://www.myswissalp s.com/activities/sceni ctrips/train

For almost all other trains you can’t make reservations even if you wanted to.

So yes you just hop on any train that is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass and go.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity if not fully covered then a ticket needs to be bought.

If all the seats are full on a train (very rare) you must stand until someone gets off. You won’t be denied boarding.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 7:06:55 #886456

Thanks a lot Lucas, hope my questions were not a lot to bother you. Now I can happily book everything after getting clarity from you😀

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 7:14:14 #886457

No problem at all – that is why we’re here. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 4:38:20 #886458

Hi,

Can i know the details of a round trip from Lucerne to Mt. titlis like how much time it will take and what is covered in the Swiss rail pass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 5:05:22 #886459

>> Can i know the details of a round trip from Lucerne to Mt. titlis like how much time it will take

You can use the Swiss Timetable

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Use the one on the right with the red SBB logo. Just type in Luzern as your starting point and Titlis as your destination for your preferred date and time. It will give you the connections and travel time.

There is about a 10-minute walk from the railway station to the gondola valley station, or you can get the free shuttle bus from just outside Engelberg railway station.

http://www.engelberg.ch/en/ge neral-information/time-tables-free-shuttle-bus/

>> and what is covered in the Swiss rail pass

Lucas gave you the link to the validity map above.

As explained in the legend on the map:

• Red lines are trains, yellow lines are buses, black lines are cable cars, white lines are boats.
    • Solid lines are free.
    • Dotted lines are discounted: discounts are mostly 50%, but only 25% for transport where you see the number “1” inside circle near the dotted line.
    • There are a few grey lines on the map as well, which indicate transport that is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.
    • Dashed red lines on the map are railway tunnels, all of which are on routes that are free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

I don’t see any information about your travel dates, so I will just mention that the gondola for the final section of the ride to Titlis is closed for maintenance between 5–16 November 2018.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 10:21:24 #886460

HI Alpenros.,

Thanks a lot for your time and information you have given.

For what’s covered by the pass I meant for this round trip. Does it cover to and fro train and discounted gondola or only one side. Some places have mentioned 1 way is covered and return i need to take care. So wnated to clarify that both to and fro will be covered by the pass.

Thanks again.

Shruti ☺️

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 10:33:55 #886461

Hi Shruti,

>> For what’s covered by the pass I meant for this round trip. Does it cover to and fro train and discounted gondola or only one side. Some places have mentioned 1 way is covered and return i need to take care.

Any route that is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass is covered in both directions.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass in Lauterbrunnen & what to do’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.