Swiss Pass advice needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2012 at 13:42:48 #804932

Dear Sir,

I’m planning to visit Switzerland for short vacation with family. (2 adults and 2 kids: 9 and 7 years old)
    Below is my itinerary:
    4 Apr 2012 Arrive at Geneva by train from Paris, then continue to Interlaken and take a cruise on Lake Thun.
    5 Apr 2012 Trip Interlaken – Jungfrau v.v. (full day)
    6 Apr 2012 Interlaken-Zurich (visit interesting places at Interlaken or Zurich before leaving for Prague at night)
    Could you please advice which is the best option to buy? “2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver Flexi Pass” or “Swiss Half Fare Card”?

Warm regards,
    Yon.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 February 2012 at 11:48:58 #834920

Hello Yon! The 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would be best in your case (not the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass; that’s more expensive and you don’t need the additional discounted days offered by a Flexi Pass). Here‘s how to order.

Does that answer your question?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2012 at 12:22:55 #834921

Dear Annika,

Thank you for your reply.
    I’ve further inquiry, by using Swiss Saver Pass, I’ll get 25% discount for mountain trains to Jungfrau while using Swiss Half Fare I’ll get 50%.
    Could you explain little bit detail why Swiss Save Pass is the best option instead of Swiss Half Fare?
    Regarding SwissPass order, how long does the delivery of card can reach my address in Qatar (middle east)? or is it better to give delivery address to my friend in Paris?
    Thank you in advance for your great assistance.

Regards,
    Yon

Annika
    7116 posts
    23 February 2012 at 9:39:02 #834922

Hello Yon. I think the 2 for 1 offer on the Swiss Saver Pass is best, as it allows free traveling in regular trains, and you’ve planned some long (and thus expensive) trips. The offer costs CHF 226.00 (2nd class) for two adults, and two Swiss Half Fare Cards will cost CHF 220.00. I think this minor price difference will be compensated by the free traveling offered by the Swiss Saver Pass. However, if you like you can calculate to know for sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 15:49:05 #834923

Dear Annika,

Finally I’ve bought Swiss Saver Pass through Swiss travel system.
    My next question, I’ve received email for my order but how to trace it? Is there any website or the way how to monitor/trace my order?
    I’ve put a note that I need the card to be delivered immediately since I will leave for Europe on Mid of March.
    How long it will take to deliver the Card to my address in Qatar (GCC) ?

Warm Regards,
    Yon

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 February 2012 at 4:51:59 #834924

Hello Yon! I assumed you purchased your pass through STC? You can best contact them to have your questions answered, as they’re the ones processing your order.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass advice needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.