Swiss Pass or Eurail for Milan, Lucerne, Zermatt?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dcheung
dcheung
2 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 3:57 PM

Hi, My itinerary of Italy and Switzerland travel is below. 1)Wonder which train pass (Swiss pass or Eurail pass) is better for the trip. 2) How to use the pass to reserve the special train like Glacier Express and Bernina Express; and 3) when and where should seats be reserved? What's the latest time?

May 10-14 Italy travel, from Milan to Luzern

May 15 -16 Luzern - Interlaken

May 17 Interlaken - Zermatt

May 18 Zermatt - Chur (Glacier Express)

May 19 Chur - Tirano (Bernina Express) - Milan (Italy train)

May 20-25 Italy travel.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 10, 2018 - 6:44 PM

Hi dcheung, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. You should read “How to choose the best travel pass”. Based on your itinerary you need to do the sums based on the cost of all your planned trips on trains, boats, cable cars etc. The page has a spreadsheet to help you.
  2. You can make reservations for the Glacier Express and the Bernina Express without having purchased a rail pass yet.
  3. In general you can reserve seats 90 days prior to your travel date. Sometimes sooner, but that depends on the retailer. We have retailers listed on our website: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations/price. I wouldn't wait too long with making reservations.

I hope this helps.

dcheung
dcheung
2 posts
Apr 11, 2018 - 4:01 PM in reply to Chantal

Thanks so much Chantal, your inputs are so helpful. Much appreciated.

Dennis

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018