Swiss Pass and Jungfru Centenary pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 23:51:31 #805131

Sir,
    I am planning to visit Switzerland for May 29 with my wife and daughter-7years. My base will be Lauterbrunnen. I will be entering Switzerland through Geneva from Paris on 29 May and leave from Geneva on 5 June.
    Possible tour plan:
    1 day- visit Bern and Zurich
    1 day- use Golden pass route to visit Montroux and Geneva and back to Lauterbrunnen
    1 day- Visit Lucerne and Mt Pilatus
    1 day- jungfru, Schynigee platt
    1 day- Schiltorn, Murren, Trumelbach Falls
    1 day- local Bernese area visit First, Harder, Beatenburg, Neiderhorn, etc

which will be the best pass for me?
    If I get 4 day Swiss saver family Pass and 3 days Jungfru centenary pass- will it help?
    If I get a 4 days Swiss Saver Family pass Pass, am I be eligible for the discount?

now I have calculated that if I even get a 8 day pass, probably getting a centenary pass will be cheaper- Please give suggestions.

Thank You.
    Daipayan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 April 2012 at 16:22:17 #835623

Hello drdaipayan! The Jungfrau Centenary Pass will indeed save you money on the last 3 days of your stay. There’s a discount for Swiss (Flexi) Pass holders. Whether it’s cost effective to buy it on top of a Swiss Pass, can only be calculated. If you have done so using these guidelines, you will have your answer.

By the way, I think you’re better off using a 3 or 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass rather than the 4 day Swiss Pass. That’s because the regular Swiss Pass needs to be used on consecutive days, and you still need to travel from Lauterbrunnen back to Geneva for your outbound trip, right? The free travel days of a Swiss Flexi Pass can be spread over a longer period, meaning you still can use one for your last (long and expensive) trip from Lauterbrunnen to Geneva.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass and Jungfru Centenary pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.