Swiss Travel Pass and/or Bernese Oberland Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Frankrug
Frankrug
1 post
May 16, 2018 - 9:39 AM

Hallo

We are a family of 4 ( 2 children 12 and 14 years old) travelling from Zurch airport to Lucerne and then we will spend 6-8 days in either Interlaken or Grindewaldt.

My question is if we should buy both the Swiss and the Bernese Oberland Regional pass? As I understand with the Swiss travel pass a lot of the attractions in the Oberland region is discounted.

How about if we buy a normal tickets from the airport to Lucerne and then the Regional Pass since we are mainly in that area?

What would you suggest?

Lucas
Lucas
9868 posts
expert &
May 16, 2018 - 5:58 PM in reply to Frankrug

Hi Frankrug and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I wouldn't look at buying both the Swiss Travel Pass and the Regional Pass- Bernese Oberland no. You'd be just doubling a lot of the coverage. The BO Pass generally gives you better discounts than the Swiss Travel Pass (but just in the region). The links above offer PDF maps (under where it's valid) to show you what is covered and discounted.

Your idea of a point to point ticket from Zurich airport and then the BO rail pass probably works best.

The only way to know is to plan out all your day trips and do the math to compare tickets to rail passes and their discounts. We have a web page here to help you with all that: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018