Swiss Travel Pass & booking reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 23:49:05 #812184

Hi,

I need to ask i am planning to purchase a swiss pass, from https://switzerlandtra velcentre.ch/en/ website.

After reading your forum, I come to know that I still need to do advance booking for Trains (seat Reservation).

Basically, I will be taking 3 trains in my trip

1) Basel to Interlaken OST

2) Interlaken OST to Lucerne

3) Lucerne to Basel.

Can someone tell me how much it will cost me for booking fee and from which website I can book a seat?

Thanks,

Syed Hussain

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 6:28:47 #864758

Hi syedali,

No, I’m not sure where on our website you read about needing seat reservations but you do not – and often you can not.

Only on panoramic trains do you need seat reservations. So you can buy your Swiss Travel Pass here (recommended) and just board any train you want when you travel to your destinations!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2017 at 1:22:45 #864759

Seat reservation necessary only for Panoramic trains

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 1:27:15 #864760

Thanks for reply.

Train from Interlaken to Lucerne is a Panaromic or normal train?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 5:37:38 #864761

It is not considered a “panoramic train” but it does have nice large windows!

No reservations are needed on this train – everyone traveling this route is on this train and it departs very frequently (so it isn’t considered a special panoramic train for the most part).

See the train schedules here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2017 at 1:59:01 #864762

Thanks alot !

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass & booking reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.