Swiss Travel Pass – document confirmation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 19:11:43 #816752

Hi,

I got the Swiss Pass online and got this attached pdf doc in email. Is this the only document that I would need along with my ID/passport?

Do I need to do anything further to activate this or get this stamped before I board trains?

Do I need to show this to get actual tickets for each train? I assume not as this likely serves as the ticket as well, but would like to confirm. Thank you!

Chandra

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 19:20:16 #888814

Hi Chandra,

That is your Swiss Travel Pass. You only need that and your passport.

Tickets are needed only on routes that aren’t fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. IE mountain trips where you get a 25% or 50% discount.

You can find those details here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – document confirmation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.