Swiss Travel Pass mechanics

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 17:15:38 #815510

Hi I am a solo traveller looking to go to Switzerland. I have read plenty on the Swiss Pass but I am still a bit confused with the mechanics. I have a few clarifications.

1. we are allowed to travel unlimited times for free for certain train lines- correct?

2. can we take the same line more than once one the same day or throughout the duration of the trip? example for the golden pass which is from lucerne to monterux, I start at lucerne then go down in interlaken stay a few hours then take the golden pass line again to go to monterux. is that possible?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 18:35:00 #883126

Hi Ariana, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

I think you’re referring to the Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Pass is a product for Swiss residents.

1. Read everything you need to know here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass
    2. Yes, that is absolutely possible.
  • The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass mechanics’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.