Zurich, Interlaken, Jungfrau - which pass to get?

Zurich, Interlaken, Jungfrau - which pass to get?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Caddieann
Caddieann
5 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 9:04 AM

Hi, i am going to Switzerland to for 4days 3 nights, but i dunno which swiss pass to get... my itinerary is travelling from Zurich - interlaken.. then take train at interlaken ost up to Jungfraujoch (round trip) then back to zurich airport..can anyone advise me which pass is the more affordable and suitable for us..

can i buy the pass at zurich airport? We just need to show the pass to the counter ticket before we board any train/buses right?

hthank you very much..

rockoyster
rockoyster
3388 posts
expert
Mar 18, 2018 - 9:33 AM in reply to Caddieann

Hello Caddieann,

Sometimes a travel pass isn't the right answer for a very short visit but you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

Jungfraujoch attracts 25% discount only from Wengen or Grindelwald.

Yes you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich Airport but it is more convenient to buy on-line and print at home.

You can just hop on any public transport with the Swiss Travel Pass and don't need to buy a ticket (apart from Jungfraujoch or any other route that only attracts a discount). Have you had a look at the map at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity? Schilthorn is a good value (ie free with STP) alternative to Jungfraujoch which is quite expensive even with the discount. Neither are worth doing if the weather and visibility is bad.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018