Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail for Switzerland/Paris?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 20:04:07 #810958

We’ll be in Switzerland for 5 days taking trains every day and then we’ll take the TGV to go to Paris and possible one more train in Paris.

should we get the Swiss travel pass or the Eurail Select?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 March 2017 at 14:11:36 #859587

Hi Mapfriend, welcome to MySwissAlps!

A Eurail Select Pass is only worth it if you’ll be traveling extensively in France as well, and it seems like you won’t be. So I’d say a Swiss Travel Pass plus regular tickets for France are your best option. Please check myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass for information on how to compare passes price wise.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2017 at 23:39:37 #859588

Thanks Annika!

To go to Paris can I use the Swiss Pass if I buy the reservation? Or do I have to buy another ticket for France?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 8:11:22 #859589

Hi Mapfriend,

The Swiss Travel Pass is only valid for travel within Switzerland. You can buy a ticket for travel from the Swiss border town (Basel perhaps or Geneva or another town depending on where you leave from in Switzerland) on our page here.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail for Switzerland/Paris?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.