Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail for Switzerland/Paris?

Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail for Switzerland/Paris?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mapfriend
Mapfriend
3 posts
Mar 3, 2017 - 8:04 PM

We'll be in Switzerland for 5 days taking trains every day and then we'll take the TGV to go to Paris and possible one more train in Paris.

should we get the Swiss travel pass or the Eurail Select?

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
Mar 4, 2017 - 2:11 PM

Hi Mapfriend, welcome to MySwissAlps!

A Eurail Select Pass is only worth it if you'll be traveling extensively in France as well, and it seems like you won't be. So I'd say a Swiss Travel Pass plus regular tickets for France are your best option. Please check myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass for information on how to compare passes price wise.

Mapfriend
Mapfriend
3 posts
Mar 5, 2017 - 11:39 PM

Thanks Annika!

To go to Paris can I use the Swiss Pass if I buy the reservation? Or do I have to buy another ticket for France?

Lucas
Lucas
8901 posts
expert &
Mar 6, 2017 - 8:11 AM in reply to Mapfriend

Hi Mapfriend,

The Swiss Travel Pass is only valid for travel within Switzerland. You can buy a ticket for travel from the Swiss border town (Basel perhaps or Geneva or another town depending on where you leave from in Switzerland) on our page here.

Regards,
Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018