Swiss pass or flexi pass for 6 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2012 at 7:36:53 #804969

Hi, We’ll (couple and 2 kids 13 and 10) be in switzerland from 20th march to 25th march.We will be staying in lauterbrunnen for 5 nights.
    our plan will be”

• 20th – Geneva to Lauterbrunnen train
    • 21st – Jungfrachou trip
    • 22 nd – Taking Golden pass panoramic to Lucern ,visit mt. Rigi (free with swiss pass ) or mt .Titlis
    • 23rd – visit to Bern , Zurich
    • 24 th – Schillthorn or visit Zermatt
    • 25th – Taking Golden pass panoramic and Classic to geneva via montreux.
    • the cost of passes (1st class for 2 adults )are:

4 days swiss saver pass -600 euros
    8 days swiss saver pass- 868 euros
    3 days flexi saver pass – 560 euros
    4 days flexi saver pass – 700 euros
    My queries are:
    Many suggest that going in for the 8 days swiss pass will be expensive as we would not be using it effectively.
    Instead can i go in for 4 days flexi saver pass ?
    In that case we’ll any way use the 1st and last day, and in between for 2 days we’ll travel for free, and the other two days will be 50 % discount on all travel.so if we use that 2 days for the mountain trips ( any way even with swiss pass we’ll have to pay 50%) , will children travel free for mountain trips or they ‘ll be charged?
    Could some one help me in this ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    1 March 2012 at 12:18:28 #835039

Hi pranathi! I think the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is a good choice in your case. You should use free travel days for March 20, 22, 23 or 24 (that depends on whether you plan to visit Zermatt) and 25. The discounted days would be March 21 and 23 or 24.

Yes, if you order along a free STS Family Card your children will travel along for free on all trips, even if the adults don’t (because of a discounted travel day or a discounted mountain trip).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2012 at 6:14:35 #835040

Hi Arno, thanks for your feed back.
    If I buy a flexi saver pass (4 days -700 euros or 5 days -costs 800 euros), and if we use the Jungfrachou trip for the invalid day ( 50 % discount ) ….
    I’ve made the calculation for the round trip :
    Lauterbrunnen – Wengen – 6.40 CHF ( for 2 adults after 50% discount)
    Wengen to Jungfra – 123 CHF ( after 25 % )
    Jungfrau – Grindelwald – 135 CHF( after 25 %)
    Gridelwald – Lauterbrunnen (via Zweilutschinen) – 4 CHF( after 50 %)
    I understand kids will travel for free for the full trip ,So in this case i’ll be paying only 10 CHF extra and the Jungfrau trip will be paid the same , even if i have Swiss saver pass?A’m I correct in this ? Could you help me in this ?

Annika
    7124 posts
    3 March 2012 at 6:51:54 #835041

Hi pranathi,

I’m not sure where you got the pass prices in euros. You’ll find (much lower) prices on our Swiss Flexi Pass page. Just fill out your country and pass on the right to get all the options.

Children indeed travel along for free. So if you travel on a non-free travel day, the adults get discounts and the children still travel along for free.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2012 at 7:14:53 #835042

Hi, I got the prices from the Rail Europe web site, because we live in U.A.E and read that they deal with the swiss pass for U.A.E .
    Or do you suggest ,whether it’ll be cheaper to buy the pass after our arrival in Geneva itself?
    Is my calculation correct in terms of Jungfrau (the fares in swiss franc- got from the Jungrachou website)?
    Thanks again.

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 March 2012 at 7:07:20 #835043

Hello pranathi! So have you filled out the United Arab Emirates, your pass and travelers at the Swiss Flexi Pass page? That gives you a complete overview which includes Rail Europe GCC as well. On top of that you can use these promo codes.

The fares you got from the Jungfraujoch website should be correct. But please note that you should convert all prices to the same currency for a sound comparison.

• The thread ‘Swiss pass or flexi pass for 6 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.