Swiss Pass or Swiss Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 December 2013 at 8:47:24 #806211

Hi i’m arriving at Zurich on 28 December and heading to Basel and will travel from Basel to Bern on 31 December and back to Zurich on 3 January (Total 7 Days). Should i get the Swiss Pass or the Swiss Card? (Will be travelling to one of the alps; probably Grindelwald when i’m at Basel)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 December 2013 at 15:40:49 #839393

Hi kevinsimjh, thanks for posting,

The best choice depends on your exact travel plans. Do you plan to make more trips? Bern city transport perhaps? Do you plan to visit museums (included in the Swiss Pass)? If it’s just the trips you mentioned I would say that a Swiss Flexi Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card would fit your plans. Please check this post that explains exactly how to pick the best pass.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Please include all travel details and your country of residence.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2013 at 21:23:04 #839394

Thank you for your reply! We have not decided yet. Another question, does the half pass apply to youth tickets or is it half price for adult fares only?

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 December 2013 at 8:55:35 #839395

Hi kevinsimjh,

There are no youth point to point tickets. Just tickets for children but they require another card. The Swiss Half Fare Card gives you 50% off the standard adult prices.

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass or Swiss Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.