Swiss Travel Pass promotion & point to point fares

• drhani76
    Participant
    9 posts
    13 March 2018 at 14:29:57 #814749

Hello,

I read about swiss pass promotion by Rail Europe. However, because I read from blog some people able to get “Buy 1Free 1 promotion by SBB” a few years ago, I wonder whether this kind of promotion still ongoing last year. Or perhaps it was terminated a few years already?

I’m in the middle of deciding which pass should I buy, either 3 days swiss pass or 4 days. I’m trying to calculate point to point ticket vs swiss pass. I will arrive Zurich by Flixbus around 2.10pm on saturday 28/4/18. After that, I’m thinking of going to halal restaurant near zurich oerlikon station. Then, I’m taking a train to Interlaken OST followed by bus to Ringgenberg. When I calculate point to point tickets on that day it was so much different than if I put the date 14 march. Another thing which I notice if I choose golden pass to interlaken from luzern, looks like I need to take Luzern-Interlaken Express then change to NFB 1419 at Horw followed by Luzern-Interlaken Express at Giswil. But if I put the date 14 mac, it is a direct train from Luzern to Interlaken OST. I will be travelling with luggage, if it is too much change probably better for me to travel from Zurich to Interlaken OST via Bern.

Kindly advise. Thank you so much for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 18:17:56 #878717

Hi drhani76,

I’m not aware of such promotion.

I see the different fares as well. It depends on which connection you choose. The cheapest tickets you see are the so called Super Saver Tickets. They aren’t always available though and often aren’t on commuter times (6am to 9am and 5pm to 7pm). They are also only available within 30 days out so you don’t see them yet for April 28.

Part of the route is affected by construction work, so you will transfer from the train to a bus for a short distance to get around the construction site. Normally the Swiss are very well organized and it should not affect you too much.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 March 2018 at 18:23:15 #878718

Hello drhani76,

There have been promotions like that, but that was years ago. It was offered for a limited time and in many cases for traveling in off-season only. For promotions available now, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prom otions. You can select a pass in the “Rail product” drop-down list and click “Show results” to search for promotions.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass promotion & point to point fares’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.